Monday, August 3, 2009

Change is good!

Well it has been a busy month for us!!! We moved back to Logan to be closer to friends and family and enjoy a quieter community again. It's been WONDERFUL! We had quite a hard two weeks with Em and the doctor thought he had colic. He would scream for literally 3/4 of the day. It was heartbreaking! We tried everything!! Finally one day I sat in the formula isle at the grocery store and read every formula! We got one that said it was formulated for babies with colic and worked within 48 hours. It was worth a try! 2 bottles later, we had our happy camper back! I had Sky feed him regular formula one bottle that night and Emmery screamed for hours. We finally figured out, he cannot handle dairy! So we are stickin to the non-dairy formula.
He is growing like a weed and I cannot wait til his 2 month check up in a few weeks to see how much he weighs! He is finally totally out of newborn clothes and diapers. And I'm happy to report those baby blue eyes of his have stayed that color! He got his daddy's gorgeous eyes!! :)



Meanwhile, Sky got a job at Harris Research working with his buddy Rhino. He absolutely loves it and it has been a great change for him! I have been lucky enough to stay home with Em and focus on building my Heritage Makers business. It has been so much fun and its nice feeling like I have a career path I'll be happy with for years to come! I've been designing custom books for a few clients and it feels good to have this creative outlet!

http://www.heritagemakers.com/index.cfm?CFID=8945&CFTOKEN=58666396

Last weekend Emmery got to go to his very first rodeo! We went up to the Preston Nights Rodeo with Sky's family and had a great time! He was so good through the rodeo even with all the loud noise!! After the rodeo was over we went over to the carnival. Sky and Shawn rode a few of the rides and me and Em walked around. Em was fascinated with all of the lights on the rides :)




Emmery LOVES sittin in his swing watching the mobile. We put on this cd we got from Vermont with guitar music on it and he is happy camper for hours!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What awesome photos! And HELLO, welcome back to Logan. I didn't know you were here. We have to get together. I have to see that cute baby of yours.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you figured out what was bugging him. It is never fun to have a unhappy baby.